1. What year did St. Patrick’s Day become a public holiday (at least in Ireland)?
2. Where is Canada’s longest-running St. Patrick’s Day parade?
3. Which US city dyes one of its rivers green as a St. Patrick’s Day tradition?
a) New York City
b) St. Louis
c) San Francisco
4. What is the traditional Irish St. Patrick’s Day meal?
a) Corned beef and cabbage
b) Skirts and kidneys
c) Irish stew
d) Bangers and mash
5. What colour badges do children traditionally wear on St. Patrick’s Day?
a) Red, orange, and yellow
b) Black, brown, and purple
c) Orange, white, and green
d) Red, white, and blue
6. In which province was St. Patrick’s Day a provincial holiday until 1992?
a) New Brunswick
b) Nova Scotia
c) Prince Edward Island
d) Newfoundland and Labrador
7. When was the first St. Patrick’s Day parade in Boston?
8. Dublin’s St. Patrick’s Day festival runs for how many days every year?
a) Three days
b) Four days
c) Five days
d) Six days
9. Shamrocks were worn to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day as early as which century?
10. In which country did the first St. Patrick’s Day parade take place?
Score 1 point for every question you get right and 0 points for every one you get wrong.
1: B, 2: C, 3: D, 4: A, 5: C, 6: D, 7: B, 8: D, 9: C, 10: A
If you scored…
0-2 points: Don’t feel bad; this quiz was actually a bit tough. Keep your leprechaun spirits up!
3-6 points: You’re not bad at this stuff! Keep on learning and you’ll do even better next time.
7-10 points: You sure know a lot about St. Patrick’s Day! Good job!Login or register to post comments. All comments have to go through a queue for approval to keep the nasty stuff out, but we'll post yours as soon as we can.